Centralia House Restaurant
The Centralia House was a landmark and a tradition on the original Illinois Central Railroad. Constructed about 1854, it was the social center of centralia until it burned in 1918, and was famous for its restaurant in the days before the dining car. The building which houses the restaurant now was built over a century ago as a saloon and a sporting house. It still retains its pre-1900 bar and back bar.