4th of July Veteran’s Parade
Veteran’s parade on West Broadway starting at the RR tracks and heading west on Broadway ending at Fairview Park. Enjoy an awards ceremony, recognition and celebration activities in the park. Those wishing to participate in the parade may contact Butch Mathus at 618-533-5602 or Kala Lambert at 618-533-7623. Entry forms are available below and on the City of Centralia Website.
7th Annual Centralia Area Veterans 4th of July Parade Line up announced!!
1. Centralia Police
2. Wamac Police Dept.
3. Clinton County Sheriff Dept.
4. Centralia ESDA
5. Marion Co. ESDA
6. Honor Guards- Scott Air Force Base Joint Color Guard
7. Centralia Elks Lodge #493- “The American Flag”
8. Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2055 & Ladies Auxiliary
9. American Legion Post 466
10. Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 176
11. Cub Scout Pack #446
12. Military Mama Network
13. AMVETS Post4
13-A. VFW Post 9233 Mt. Vernon
14. DAV Egyptian Gateway Chapter #76
15. Illinois Dept. of Veterans Affairs
16. Float- Greater Centralia Area Veterans Affairs Committee
17. Illinois Patriot Guard Riders
18. Grand Marshal- Honorable Mr. William “Bill Murray and Mr. Wayne Sensel” Driven by Monken Chevrolet of Centralia
19. Centralia Fire Dept.
20. Odin Fire Protection Dist.
20-A. Patoka Fire Protection Dist.
21. City of Centralia- Mayor Ashby and City Council
22. Float- Boy Scouts Troop 260- “Stars and Stripes”
22.-A. Float- Cub Scouts Pack 260- “Scouting Tradition”
23. Float- City of Wamac- “Lil Toot Train, Lil American Pride”
24. Miss Marion County Queen 2016- Miss Julie Boeker
25. Prairie State Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution-“God, Home & Country”
26. Kaskaskia College Veterans Tribute
27. Sutherland-Garnier Funeral Home- “Honoring Our Veterans”
28. Float-Marion County Democratic Central Committee- “God Bless America”
29. Float- Lee and Watkins Family- “All American 4th of July”
30. Float- Great Clips of Centralia-” Great Clips Supports our Veterans”
31. Marion County Republican Central Committee- “Supporting our Veterans”
32. Southern Illinois Elite Tumble and Cheer- “We’re Stars and We’re Beautiful”
33. Public Participants
Anyone wishing to participate in the parade may register up until the day of the parade at the registration table at the corner of Chestnut and Broadway at 9 am.